On 07-09 October 2022, Moscow hosted the All-Russian Science Festival Nauka 0+. Staff members of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research have taken part in this major event for the seventh time. A team of 30 young scientists, specialists, and engineers working at the Institute presented a comprehensive programme targeted at wide audience of all ages.
The programme included:
• master classes and exciting experimental demonstrations at the Expocentre;
• models of the JINR basic facilities exhibited in the Shuvalov building of Moscow State University;
• stands with the research projects exhibits at the thematic scientific exposition "Planet of the Future";
• a series of lectures on the topical issues of mankind delivered in the Fundamental Library of Moscow State University;
• presentations by researchers as part of the "Scientists (come) to Schools" campaign at the educational institutions in Moscow.
“Science has always been the thing that brings us together and leads us to a brighter future!” – the Festival echoes the slogan of JINR. We believe that at the science festival held last weekend the guests could learn more about the modern areas of research that determine the development trajectory of the country and the world as a whole, and were once again reminded that Science is available to everyone, regardless of age.
As estimated by the organisers, 16 million people took part in the events of the Festival in Moscow, both online and offline.
Overview of the JINR specialists’ participation in the Festival events: